Friday 21 March 2014

#25 (To Kill a Mockingbird), #24 (E.T. The Extra Terrestrial) & #23 (The Grapes of Wrath)

#25 - To Kill A Mockingbird

Yeah...this post is going to be about three movies that I wasn't a huge fan of. But To Kill A Mockingbird is probably the least terrible. For a few reasons.

First, Gregory Peck. Tour de force in this movie, great job. If you've seen A Time To Kill then you'd like this however I wish the perspective wasn't through the children's eyes. And that Samuel L Jackson was in it as well. But hey, I didn't read the book...I mean novel...so I guess I can't complain on that end. A lot of these older movies, like Grapes of Wrath are from the novels, verbatim. Bru. Tal. 

Second. The ending of this movie is where it's at though. While the court scenes and the litigation unbelievable, it's all for not...then BAM...Robert Duvall shows up as Boo Radley. I had no idea! Robbie Duvall has got to be in the most movies on this list...him and Jimmy Stewart. Impressive my man.

Anyways, would I recommend this movie? Not really. I'd recommend you Youtube the ultimate court scene at the end and Atticus Finch's closing arguments. That's phenomenal. 

#24 - E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

Ok, I'm not going to say much about this movie. I'm not a big fan. I didn't even like it when I was a kid. On second viewing, still not a fan.

Good special effects? Ya. 

Annoying? Oh yeah.

Sorry any ET fans but this was not a big part of my childhood and I'm probably biased now that I watched it again. ET, go home. Seriously....like now. Take all of your 30 year anniversary editions with you.

Yeah. Peace out.


#23 - The Grapes of Wrath

So whats up with this movie? Henry Fonda gets out of jail and his family is destitute. They travel to California in hopes of being...less destitute? Anyways, he can't keep out of trouble so he leaves. Then they keep hitting the road since California was not the answer to their problems. Lose lose here folks. 

So Henry Fonda circa 1940 looks like Kevin Harvick. That's pretty much all I was thinking about.

This movie was lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment