Sunday 23 March 2014

30 down, 20 more to go. 8 days left.

So here's a recap of movies #30 - #21. It really started strong but fizzled towards the end until capping off with Chinatown. Here's my ranking of the ten I just watched.

#10 - All About Eve (AFI #28)
I vetoed this, couldn't stand the first 30 minutes...see for yourself

#9 - The Grapes of Wrath (AFI #23)

                                      
Henry Fonda yes, rest of movie no

#8 - Some Like It Hot (AFI #22)

Drag, blonde bombshell...I'll stick with Ms. Monroe

#7 - E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (AFI #24)
A classic for many, not me. I prefer wartime Spielberg

#6 - To Kill a Mockingbird (AFI #25)
Gregory Peck is amazing - I'll buy whatever he's selling

#5 - High Noon (AFI #25)
                                      
The theme song from the beginning gives away the whole movie

#4 - Double Indemnity (AFI #29)

Count the double entendres

#3 - Chinatown (AFI #21)
Yeah...gross

#2 - Apocalypse Now (AFI #30)
Best. Scene. Ever.

#1 - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (AFI #26)
Life. Liberty. And Jimmy Stewart being mint!







No comments:

Post a Comment